Serve 4 to 6
- Coconut Oil, 3 tablespoons
- Beef Cubes, 500 grams
- Garlic, 8 cloves (cut into small pieces)
- Onions, 2 (cut into chunks)
- Cinnamon Sticks, 2
- Star Anise, 4
- Cloves, 6
- Curry Leaves, 12
- Meat Curry Pre-mix, 1 packet
- Coconut Milk, 1 packet
- Fresh Coriander, for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot.
- Add beef cubes and brown on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to the inner pot, and mix well.
- Add cinnamons sticks, bay leaves, star anise, cloves and curry leaves.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and meat curry pre-mix.
- Add hot boiling water, stir well and bring it to boil.
- Add browned beef cubes and boil the ingredients for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- When boiling, cover lid and transfer inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 6 hours.
- Bring the contents to a boil over medium heat, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuffle Chef® such as KBG-4500.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore.
Watch the recipe in action!