- Chicken drunkstick, 100g (cut into small pieces)
- Potato, 1/4 piece (diced into small chunks)
- Carrot, 1/4 piece (diced into small chunks)
- Onion, 1/4 piece (chopped)
- Konjac noodle, 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Mirin, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking wine, 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil
- Add in Konjac noodle into a Thermos® Food Jar and pour in boiling water to three-quarter full. Cover lid and set aside to preheat for 10 minutes.
- Add olive oil in a frying pan and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces, fry until golden brown and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, saute chopped onions till half soft, add in diced potatoes and carrots. Stir fry for 3 minutes, add in chicken pieces and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add soy sauce, sugar, mirin, cooking wine and half cup of boiling water. Stir well and add into the frying pan. Bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the Food Jar and pour in all ingredients when it is still boiling. Close the lid tightly and set aside for 2 to 3 hours for heat insulation cooking.
- Garnish with a basil leaf before serving. Enjoy your yummy stew!
Photo and original recipe courtesy of Thermos Malaysia.