- Carrots, 1-2 (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Hot Boiling Water
- Bowl, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Place steaming rack into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, and fill the inner pot with water, up to the height of the steaming rack.
- Place the bowl of sliced carrots onto the steaming rack.
- Bring the inner pot to a boil for 2 minutes and transfer it to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The steaming rack, plate and carrots have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed.
- It is recommended to cut the carrots about the same size for even steaming.
Photo is for illustration purpose only, and courtesy of livestrong.com.