Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Prawns, Medium, 8
- Scallops, 8
- Mussels, 8
- Clams, 12
- Celery, 1 stalk
- Onion, Medium, 1
- Carrot, 1
- Australian Potatoes, 2
- Cherry Tomatoes, Medium-size, 3
- Bacon bits, 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf, 1
- Thyme, 1 sprig
- Garlic cloves, 2
- Peppercorns, 10
- Fish or Chicken Stock, 1.5 litre
- Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Peel and dice carrots and potatoes. Slice celery, garlic and onions. Cut tomatoes into halves. Clean shellfish and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot. Gently fry bacon bits till fragrant.
- Add celery, carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic. Stir fry for few minutes. Cover pot and let cook for about 2 - 3 mins.
- Using a sachet d'épices, put bay leaf, thyme leaves, peppercorns inside. Add sachet of herbs and stock to vegetables mixture. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add seafood and tomatoes to soup. Bring to boil and turn off heat.
- Transfer to outer pot and let it brew for more flavours.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Shirley Tay at http://www.luxuryhaven.co/2014/08/thermos-shuttle-chef-makes-delicious-shellfish-soup.html